13.4.09

Easter Weekend

Friday was yucky and rainy...ALL day. The gloom was a great reminder of what this day in history meant. I did meet my sister and mom at the mall in search of a Easter dress. As funny as it sounds my mom still buys us girls new dresses every year (this might be considered normal if we weren't all over the age of 21). I love her for it...its just another great example of my mothers giving heart. The storms (terrible thunder and lighting and wind and their were even tornado warning and sightings) came in around 7pm. I finally got scared enough that I locked the dogs in the kitchen and head over to my neighbor's house that I have never met and found their home number on the internet to call and see if I could come over. It was fun. The are in their seventies and we chatted and listened to the weather radio. I got some great gardening tips from them and the lady is going to help me with canning my pickles this summer! I love neighbors! Around 10 I decided I should go check on the dogs but before I left the neighbors talked me into coming back to spend the night since they were calling for more storms throughout the night. They were so sweet. Naturally, the dogs had no clue what was going on when I left them again at 10:30pm and they were so glad to see me Saturday morning.

Saturday I spent the day we some good friends of ours in Hendersonville. Dave had to work on a house but met us for lunch at Papas and Beer. That place has the absolute best Mexican food. Our friends are from California and said it was the most authentic they had eaten her in the Carolinas. Saturday night Dave and I went to the Travelers Rest Speedway with another couple and to say the least it was quality redneck entertainment.

Sunday morning we went to my parents for church and lunch. It was wonderful to celebrate Easter with family. After lunch and a nap of course we heading back home...I think our dogs have missed us this weekend we have been very busy and on the go. I think Diesel and Zeus are both in need of cuddle time. :) I am going to post some pictures from the weekend later tonight.

1 comment:

The Via Colony said...

Hey, we went to that Papas and Beer when we were in Fletcher (sp) near Asheville leading worship 2 weeks ago. It was AWESOME! Glad you had a happy easter=)