27.10.08

Weekend Recap

Not that anyone cares about what happened to me moment by moment but nevertheless I am going to post a few details from my weekend...

Friday morning I got up at early (6:30--this might be considered normal for some people but I don't work Fridays, so I should sleep in). I wanted to have breakfast ready for Dave when he got home from the FD. I made flat pancakes (this is his mom's recipe and we love them), turkey bacon and fruit salad. It was yummy.

Flat Pancakes

6 eggs
1/4 cup canola oil
1 cup low fat cottage cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup 2% milk
1/2 Cup flour
1/4 tsp. Salt
1-1/2 TBS sugar

Combine in blender. Pour out on Hot griddle that has been generously sprayed
with PAM. Enjoy!

After breakfast I went to have my hair trimmed and highlighted (which was very overdue). I went home to see Dave off on his Weekend Boy Adventure at Durhamtown Plantation. I went to my favorite little place for a pedi/mani...I know I am bad...I was due a little pampering.

Friday night was Jose and Lindy's rehearsal dinner.


It was at Brookwood Church and Jose's mom and aunts had prepared a wonderful Costa Rican dinner. I had a lot of fun catching up with friends and reminiscing about our old theme parties...





Friday night Mellissa and Tina (our friend from Ireland) spent the night with me. We had so much fun! Saturday morning we woke up late and went to Waffle House for breakfast- then back to the house to get ready for the wedding festivities. Jose and Lindy could not have asked for better weather. It was absolutely wonderful outside and the Brookwood Church amphitheater is the perfect place for an outdoor wedding. After the ceremony (which was conducted in English and Spanish) we all headed to Soby's for the most amazing wedding reception ever.

(notice the ring bearer-i think he needed to potty)



After another sleep over that included soaking our very tired feet...Sunday we went to Sky Top Apple Orchard. We took Diesel along for the fun.



After a very eventful weekend I came home to a sleeping husband who was exhausted from his weekend. We went to the grocery store and got a stuff for grilled cheese and soup and rent a movie. I cooked dinner and we were on the couch watching the movie...of course I was asleep half through the movie.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but was the lindy mentioned here by any chance a Berner before the wedding?